Marcus Rashford responds to England World Cup spot speculation

Forum 1 year ago

Marcus Rashford responds to England World Cup spot speculation

Marcus Rashford has stressed that his focus is solely on impressing for Manchester United, with a World Cup call-up not on his mind.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/30e994a921369352c6b666aba0819384.jpg

Rashford was a substitute throughout Euro 2020 and has not played for England since, having battled both injuries and a significant drop in form, but he has forced his way back into the conversation with some excellent showings at club level.

The 25-year-old netted his 100th United goal at the weekend in a 1-0 victory over West Ham, taking his tally for the season to seven goals in 15 games, and there have been calls for England manager Gareth Southgate to find a spot for Rashford in his final World Cup squad.

Asked whether he is looking ahead to this winter's tournament after the West Ham game, Rashford insisted: "Not at the minute.

“I’m concentrating on the next game, we have to try and keep winning games here.

“We’ve got two more league games before the World Cup, if we win those two games we’ll stay in the top four, so that’s what I’m focused on."

After netting his 100th goal, Rashford confessed that he has struggled mentally in recent months, admitting he wasn't always 'in the right headspace' last season as a result of things that were happening off the pitch.

He scored just five goals in 32 appearances in all competitions last year, in which he started just 13 Premier League games, but appears to rebuilt his confidence under Erik ten Hag.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him

11 teams confirm Champions League spot in 2024/2025 season [Full list]
Forum | 3 days ago

11 teams confirm Champions League spot in 2024/2025 season [Full list]

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: I know why Rashford is having bad season – Ten Hag

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 1 week ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday