Commotion as 69-year-old Grandmother Dies After Drinking Holy Water... See Shocking Details

Forum 7 years ago

Commotion as 69-year-old Grandmother Dies After Drinking Holy Water... See Shocking Details

A grandmother idenified as Zaidah Ngwenyama, has died.

The woman allegedly died drinking from a cup of holy water.

Now, Zaidah's family want to know if the holy water she drank before she died was really holy.

According to Daily Sun SA, Zaidah Ngwenyama, 69, from Mafambisa, near Naas in Mpumalanga, South Africa, was visiting a friend in the village on Tuesday, when she was offered a cup of the blessed drink.

But shortly after taking a sip, she began to shake, her eyes began to roll and she started to vomit.

Her daughter, Lili Ngwenyama, 33, told Daily Sun her mother’s friend came running to tell her that her mum was dying.

The friend said she had given Zaidah holy water to ward off evil spirits and to cure anything that was wrong with her in her golden years.

Lili said the friend said they should sprinkle the holy water on her mum’s bed so she wouldn’t die.

“I decided to take her to hospital, where she died. I want the police to investigate this holy water.”

Zaidah’s other daughter, Grace Mathabela, 39, said her mother considered the woman her best friend.

“They would sit together and drink umqombothi. The friend said my mother did not want to drink umqombothi on Tuesday so they had holy water instead.

“She did not want us to take our mother to the clinic and she said we shouldn’t tell the nurses about the water.”

The friend said the water she gave Zaidah was blessed by a priest and that she drank it all the time.

“I am equally troubled by her death,” said the friend. “Her family should know that I’m with them in their suffering.”

Health spokesman Dumisani Malamule said the department cannot comment on the matter.

He said the department respects every person’s religion and said a post mortem will reveal the cause of death.

Brigadier Leonard Hlathi said an inquest docket has been opened.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
UNILORIN SUG notice to final year students
Forum | 3 days ago

UNILORIN SUG notice to final year students

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford
Forum | 4 days ago

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford

75-year old Man Arrested For Defiling 8-year-old Girl In Anambra
Forum | 4 days ago

75-year old Man Arrested For Defiling 8-year-old Girl In Anambra