Crysencio Summerville revels in 'big moment' after Anfield winner

Forum 1 year ago

Crysencio Summerville revels in 'big moment' after Anfield winner

Leeds United forward Crysencio Summerville described his last-minute winner against Liverpool as a 'big moment' as the Whites picked up their first Premier League win since August.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d7d270f609b6234d8965683a44ce6530.jpg

The game had seemed set to end as a draw, with Mohamed Salah's goal cancelling out Rodrigo's comical opener in the first half.

But Netherlands Under-21 international Summerville had other ideas, squeezing through the Liverpool defence in the 89th minute and poking the ball past goalkeeper Alisson to send the away support into raptures.

With the game falling on the eve of Summerville's 21st birthday - with the former Feyenoord man planning on spending Sunday back home in the Netherlands with his family - Summerville described his emotions on scoring the winner.

"As a young kid I played for Feyenoord," Summerville told Sky Sports. "I always dreamed of playing in the Premier League and to score at Anfield is just a dream for every kid.

"I can't describe my feelings right now. I saw it, it went quickly. When you are in the box you have to think quickly so it just happened!

"It's a huge moment for me and my family, scoring at Anfield - it's a big moment for me."

The win lifts Leeds out of the relegation zone to 15th in the Premier League table, easing the pressure on under-fire manager Jesse Marsch and giving fans hope that their side can still avoid being dragged into a relegation battle this season.

For Liverpool, who lost to Nottingham Forest last weekend, the defeat represents arguably the lowest point yet in what has been a disappointing campaign. Jurgen Klopp's side are ninth, with just four wins so far in the league this season.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Winner of Season 7 No See All Her Prizes And Money – Phyna Calls Out BBNaija Organisers
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Winner of Season 7 No See All Her Prizes And Money – Phyna Calls Out BBNaija Organisers

Anthony Joshua to face winner of Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk
Forum | 1 month ago

Anthony Joshua to face winner of Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk

EPL title race heats up as Liverpool, Manchester City face off in crucial Anfield showdown
Forum | 1 month ago

EPL title race heats up as Liverpool, Manchester City face off in crucial Anfield showdown

Championship: Aribo scores 96th-minute winner for Southampton at Birmingham
Forum | 1 month ago

Championship: Aribo scores 96th-minute winner for Southampton at Birmingham