Jandor, Akindele meet clerics, assure better government

Forum 1 year ago

Jandor, Akindele meet clerics, assure better government

The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos State, Dr. Abdul-Azeez Olajide Adediran (Jandor), has assured residents of Badagry that his administration will put the interest of Lagosians first in decision-making if elected in the 2023 election.

Jandor stated this during a meeting with the league of Imams in the Badagry Division as part of his campaign.

The league of Imams in the division covers Badagry, Ojo, Amuwo-Odofin and Ajeromi-Ifelodun Council.

Jandor is the main challenger to incumbent Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

The PDP candidate appreciated the imams for their spiritual support of his gubernatorial ambition since its inception, adding that his administration will have the interest of Lagosians at heart because his decision will not need second approval from any godfather.

He said: “It is God that made you imams of this division, if the ruling party that has neglected you over the years brings their money, collect it but vote your conscience.

“Badagry can be sure that I will work for their interest. I will work for the people of Lagos and put their interest first in decision-making,” he said.

R-L: Funke Akindele & Abdul-Azeez Olajide Adediran (Jandor)

Also speaking during a visit to a coalition of artisans and physically challenged people in the Agamadeh part of Badagry, Jandor promised to set up a ministry for the physically challenged in the state and it would be headed by one of them.

Jandor, who hails from the Ojo/Badagry division, promised to work for its development, to erase years of neglect by successive administrations in Lagos.

He urged the artisans and people living with disabilities to vote for PDP candidates at all levels in the state, stressing that the ruling party and their candidates have failed Lagosians.

Funke Akindele

Barnabas Abiodun Raji, the leader of the People Living with Disabilities, and Kola Alatise, the chairman of Coalition of Artisans in Badagry, pledged the support of their members for the gubernatorial bid of Jandor and his running mate, Olufunke Akindele.

Also, Jandor in an interactive session with the league of Pastors in Igbede/Iyana axis of Ojo Council, yesterday, said that the state needed a breath of fresh air that would make it work for all and sundry.

According to him, the Badagry Division, where Ojo LGA is also located, has suffered long neglect, hence the need to support him as an indigene of Ojo LGA, to change the story of the division for the better.

Promising free and compulsory education, security and massive infrastructural development, Adediran said that he would ensure that the wealth of the state worked for the residents, especially the masses.

While at the palace of the Royal Majesty, Elekunpa of Ekunpa Kingdom, Oba Abu Kazeem Kosoko in Ojo Council, Jandor promised never to let the traditional institutions down.

He told the Oba that he would run a government of the masses that everyone would be proud of.

On her part, Akindele, who campaigned in Sibiri, Ajangbadi and Vespa markets told the traders that the Jandor-led government would ensure a better life and a robust economy.

She said that their administration would give women opportunities and ensure total inclusiveness.

Akindele said that Jandor would implement 35 per cent affirmative action for women if elected.

Jandor’s campaign team, which began touring of the 245 wards in the state starting from Alimosho Council on Wednesday, moved to Badagry on Saturday and Sunday before coming to Ojo Council.

The team has been visiting traditional rulers and other stakeholders

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yahaya Bello hiding in Kogi Government House – PDP chieftain, Usman Okai alleges
Forum | 4 days ago

Yahaya Bello hiding in Kogi Government House – PDP chieftain, Usman Okai alleges

PDP’s allegations about takeover of Rivers government ridiculous – APC
Forum | 5 days ago

PDP’s allegations about takeover of Rivers government ridiculous – APC

Transfer: He’ll make us better team – Gordon urges ex-Chelsea star to join Newcastle
Forum | 5 days ago

Transfer: He’ll make us better team – Gordon urges ex-Chelsea star to join Newcastle

“I wish you were here to celebrate with me” – Funke Akindele writes on Mum’s posthumous birthday
Forum | 6 days ago

“I wish you were here to celebrate with me” – Funke Akindele writes on Mum’s posthumous birthday