"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Women will be given over 35 per cent recognition in my administration – Rhodes-Vivour

Forum 1 year ago

Women will be given over 35 per cent recognition in my administration – Rhodes-Vivour

The Lagos State governorship candidate of the Labour Party Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, has stated that women will get over 35 per cent in his administration if he wins the gubernatorial election in 2023.

Rhodes-Vivour, who spoke at an endorsement ceremony held in his honour at Alimosho by a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), Crown of Greatness Helping Hand, noted that women were not given fair treatment in the state.

According to him, women constitute over 50 per cent of the state’s population, hence, the need for his administration to give them enough recognition that will better their lots and their families.

He said: “Personally, I believe that there is a need to have women involved, that’s if you want something to succeed. Women make up more than 50 per cent of the population in Lagos State. There is a need for more women in governance because they have a golden touch that makes everything they are involved in succeeding.

“My administration will ensure that women are recognised and given the credit that is due to them. When women are given a place to thrive, it’s all the family that would benefit from it, as against giving men the same privilege.

“We will ensure that women are assisted in every sphere, whether as a career woman or businesswoman, every woman will be positively touched by my policy. Also, women who are divorced would be given better treatment. They will not be left to carry the burden of single parenthood. The widows will not also be left out. Everyone will be given fair and just treatment.

“Women have many children that are dependent on them, and if the right measures are not taken into cognisance, many might grow up and become a menace to society. And the state has to come into place in that kind of situation. And these are just a few of the number of programmes that we have for women

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sen Kingibe seeks legislative backing for women inclusion in governance
Forum | 4 hours ago

Sen Kingibe seeks legislative backing for women inclusion in governance

Stranger Things Season 5 Update Given by Maya Hawke, Teases ‘Very Long’ Episodes
Forum | 17 hours ago

Stranger Things Season 5 Update Given by Maya Hawke, Teases ‘Very Long’ Episodes

The Batman Part II Update Given by Andy Serkis
Forum | 1 week ago

The Batman Part II Update Given by Andy Serkis

Monsters, Inc. 2 Sequel Update Given by Pixar’s Pete Docter
Forum | 1 week ago

Monsters, Inc. 2 Sequel Update Given by Pixar’s Pete Docter