2023: Imumolen takes campaign to Nigerians in Togo, Benin, other ECOWAS nations

Forum 1 year ago

2023: Imumolen takes campaign to Nigerians in Togo, Benin, other ECOWAS nations

The Accord Party presidential candidate, Professor Christopher Imumolen, will be in Lomé today (Monday) to meet with the Nigerian community in that country as his campaign for election into the office of Nigeria’s president gathers momentum.

The flagbearer of the Accord party will, no doubt, be blazing a trail in the annals of electioneering campaigns in the country as he becomes the first ever presidential candidate to visit the nation’s diasporans domiciled in the West African sub-region.

According to an itinerary released early on Monday, October 24, 2022, the Accord presidential candidate will visit Nigerians and Nigerian descendants in Lomé (Togo), Cotonou (Benin Republic), Accra (Ghana), and Monrovia (Liberia) as he kicks off the first phase of his tour of some ECOWAS countries.

The initiative, according to him, is to engage as well as interact with these diasporas about how to rescue the country from the suffocating grip of what he described as “clueless leadership” and “redirect it on the path of prosperity.”

Imumolen is expected to kick-off his tour with an address to Nigerians and people of Nigerian descent at the Salle Carre Kegue Stadium in Lomé today (Monday) by 5pm.

He will also be speaking to a group of Christian and Muslim leaders in the diaspora during a dinner event.

And perhaps the highlight of his visit would be when he engages Nigerian natives in Benin Republic after the Lomé encounter.

Benin Republic is reputed to house about 6 million Nigerians, which statistics say is half of the overall estimated 12 million Beninese population.

Imumolen’s latest move is seen by many political analysts as a masterstroke considering the fact that many of his colleagues in the presidential race have often preferred visiting more exotic destinations like the US, UK, UAE, and Canada, etc., to ventilate their political aspirations.

“I will prefer not to be drawn into arguments about why my co-aspirants for Nigeria’s presidential seat prefer to visit the US, UK, UAE, and Canada to sell their manifestos,” he said.

“It could be for different reasons. I have heard that some do it for the purpose of getting donations or whatever.

“Anyhow, I’d prefer to talk about myself, my manifesto, and what I have for our people both within and outside Nigeria.

“What I am doing with these visits is consistent with my philosophy of engaging the people, feeling their pulse and fashioning ways to bring relief to their many areas of need.

“I am sure that at the end of this first phase, the exact objective of consistently demonstrating true sincerity and all-inclusiveness in governance will be all too glaring for everyone to see,” he said.

Imumolen says he also plans to extend his visit to other countries before the elections scheduled for February next year

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara
Forum | 9 hours ago

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara

Box Office Results: Civil War Takes the Top Spot
Forum | 3 days ago

Box Office Results: Civil War Takes the Top Spot

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment
Forum | 6 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders
Forum | 6 days ago

It Is Too Early to Threaten Nigerians With 2027 Election – Kaduna Cleric to Northern Elders