Shock as Exam Candidate Dies of Hypertension Two Hours Before Writing Mathematics Paper

Forum 7 years ago

Shock as Exam Candidate Dies of Hypertension Two Hours Before Writing Mathematics Paper

Total tragedy has struck a school in Nakuru, Kenya recently.

The students and staff of the college were shocked when one of their boys, a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education candidate died shortly before the exam kick off.

According to Nairobi News, the student, Gikonyo Francis Kuria of Jomo Kenyatta Boys High School died of hypertension while undergoing management at Bahati Sub County Hospital.

The family has been notified of the death.

The school principal John Mureithi said the deceased had a history of high blood pressure.

He added that the student had been on and off the school due to the condition and they had sent him home last month to seek treatment.

“We had sent him home to his parents to discuss way forward and seek serious treatment since we were not sure on his condition. He was then diagnosed with hypertension and the doctors recommended that he rests for a while before coming back to school,”
he said.

“After taking him to the hospital last month his parents were advised on how to mitigate the blood pressure. The condition has been deteriorating as the exams approached,”
he said.

Mr Mureithi noted that before his death the student had a conversation with the doctors and they were optimistic that he would make it to the exam room but died while undergoing hypertension management.

He added that at they were working to ensure that the rest of the candidates are not affected by the death of their colleague.

[quoye]“We have organised for guidance counselling session for the rest of the candidates so that they are strong as they sit for the rest of the papers,”[/quote] said the school principal.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
JAMB arrests father writing exam for son
Forum | 18 hours ago

JAMB arrests father writing exam for son

I Was Irritated While Writing My Hit Song ‘Joromi’ - Simi
Forum | 2 days ago

I Was Irritated While Writing My Hit Song ‘Joromi’ - Simi

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring
Forum | 3 days ago

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring

Plateau University Student Killed Hours After Asking God For Protection Over Gunshots By Armed Men
Forum | 4 days ago

Plateau University Student Killed Hours After Asking God For Protection Over Gunshots By Armed Men