Gabriel Jesus dismisses fears of player burnout in World Cup year

Forum 1 year ago

Gabriel Jesus dismisses fears of player burnout in World Cup year

Gabriel Jesus has dismissed claims that players could suffer from burnout this season, insisting that he is ready to play '70 games' during the 2022/23 campaign.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/43d00149c0f36c553d3aa814e6b8727e.jpg

This season's fixtures calendar has been extremely intense due to the World Cup being played mid-season in Qatar, with many teams being forced to play twice a week up until the tournament's kick off in order to squeeze the club football season in.

With Arsenal playing in the Europa League and Brazil as one of the favourites to win the World Cup, Jesus will likely play a lot of football between now and the end of the season, something which he is ready to do: "I’m doing good recovery after the games – eating better, sleeping better, enjoying the life in the Arsenal t-shirt a lot.

"So I’m ready to play 50, 60, 70 games per season. I’m ready.”

When asked about Bukayo Saka and Gabriel Martinelli starting both Europe League games and Premier League games in quick succession, the 25-year-old added: “They are machines. I joke with them, I think I am a player with a lot of energy and I run all the time, I fight all the time, but when I train every day with them I realise I am not even close to them. They just don’t stop.

"They are machines, quality players as well, and they’re still young, both 21. I am lucky to play with them.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa
Forum | 2 days ago

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa

Nigeria Has Become Laughing Stock Across the World – T Y Danjuma
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigeria Has Become Laughing Stock Across the World – T Y Danjuma