Antonio Conte: It’s not the right time to discuss my future

Forum 1 year ago

Antonio Conte: It’s not the right time to discuss my future

Antonio Conte has again dismissed talk of his future at Tottenham, but admitted he would be open to discussing things with the club in the near future.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4d3845778b12073482bbbdb2cf4e10ad.jpg

The Italian's contract expires at the end of the season, with an option included to extend it further, but Spurs would prefer to avoid triggering that by agreeing a traditional contract extension to put to bed mounting interest from Juventus.

Asked about his potential continuation at the club before Wednesday's meeting with Sporting CP, Conte brushed off the talk but offered a cryptic response about his willingness to negotiate now that he knows more 'about the situation the club find themselves in'.

“It’s not the right moment to answer. After a year, I’ve understood a lot of things," he said. “The first moment for me was really difficult to understand. Now I’m going into the Tottenham world and understanding very well what is our situation, our position, our starting point, how long the path is we have to do to be competitive, to fight for something important.

“Now for sure my knowledge about Tottenham, I have more. For this reason, I’d be prepared at the [right] moment that we’re going to speak with the club to understand what’s best for the future. But now we have to focus on the present.

“My desire, my will is to do our best. We have to do everything to give satisfaction to our fans, this is the best aspiration for everybody. For the other situation, we’ll see the right moment.”

90min understands that Juve remain interested in Conte but are unlikely to pursue the Italian due to financial restraints, while former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is keeping a keen eye on things as he holds out for a return to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler
Forum | 4 days ago

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 5 days ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

Andor Video Sees Diego Luna Discuss Making Disney+ Star Wars Series
Forum | 1 week ago

Andor Video Sees Diego Luna Discuss Making Disney+ Star Wars Series

Junior Pope: It’s Time To Prioritise Actors’ Welfare - Actress, Hilda Dokubo Says
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Junior Pope: It’s Time To Prioritise Actors’ Welfare - Actress, Hilda Dokubo Says