Pep Guardiola hails Jude Bellingham as 'total package'

Forum 1 year ago

Pep Guardiola hails Jude Bellingham as 'total package'

Pep Guardiola has hailed Jude Bellingham as the 'total package' amid rumours linking the midfielder to Manchester City.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3797e6e79217c863fe0a08494457fe0a.jpg

The England international has been in fantastic form this season, scoring eight goals in all competitions - including four in four in the UEFA Champions League. As such, Bellingham has been linked with nearly every top club in Europe in recent months and, as expected, Man City are one of those clubs.

Speaking to the press ahead of Man City's Champions League clash with Borussia Dortmund at Signal Iduna Park, Guardiola was full of praise for Bellingham.

"Borussia Dortmund is the perfect place for young talent to come," he began. "Maybe if he went to a top Premier League club, he wouldn't have got the minutes. The best thing for young players is to play minutes.

"It's not just about the quality, it's about how he was leading and kicking and going to the referee, this guy is something special and has the mentality. He already is one of the captains [at Dortmund], the whole package is really good.

"He's already in the national team for England at 19 years old, we know the quality he has. We will try to impose our game and win the game."

Man City can ensure top spot in Group G with a win over BVB on Tuesday evening, with the Citizens currently three points clear of the German side.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: Well done – Thierry Henry hails Sancho for overcoming mental struggles at Manchester United
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: Well done – Thierry Henry hails Sancho for overcoming mental struggles at Manchester United

UCL: He made it easy – Vinicius Jr hails Real Madrid star after scoring 2 against Bayern
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: He made it easy – Vinicius Jr hails Real Madrid star after scoring 2 against Bayern

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid

UCL: Why I took Bellingham off against Bayern Munich – Ancelotti
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: Why I took Bellingham off against Bayern Munich – Ancelotti