Bernardo Silva refuses to commit to Man City beyond this season

Forum 1 year ago

Bernardo Silva refuses to commit to Man City beyond this season

Bernardo Silva has stressed his commitment to Manchester City this year but has left the door open for a move away in the summer.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fd63ea09b05dfb7e8400d00d6659d239.jpg

The Portugal international was keen to leave the club during the summer, with Barcelona keen to get a deal done, but the cost of any potential transfer was far too much for the Catalan side after their hectic summer.

90min understands that Barcelona have made it clear to Silva that they plan to reignite their interest in 2023, with sources confirming that the Blaugrana are keen to get a deal done as soon as possible - perhaps even in January.

Asked about both his short-term and long-term plans, Silva insisted he is focused on succeeding with City this season but refused to guarantee things would be the same next year.

“I have both eyes on winning the Premier League and trying to win the Champions League, Carabao and FA Cup,” he said.

“At the end of the season we'll see what happens, but right now I’m going to give my best for the club and will give my best as long as I play here.”

Silva has been linked with a move away from City multiple times over the past few seasons and was keen to become part of the new Barcelona project this year, and while City made it clear they would not stand in his way - Pep Guardiola has repeatedly stressed unsettled players are free to leave - the Premier League champions were adamant Silva would not be sold for a low fee.

Barcelona could not meet City's demands in the summer but have vowed to return for Silva in 2023, at which point the 28-year-old will have two years remaining on his contract.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’
Forum | 1 day ago

Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment
Forum | 1 day ago

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment