"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Mikel Arteta discusses relationship with Pep Guardiola

Forum 1 year ago

Mikel Arteta discusses relationship with Pep Guardiola

Mikel Arteta has discussed his relationship with Pep Guardiola, stating that he will always be grateful for the time he spent working with the Manchester City manager.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fc93e21eb6fb620c3b9bc634f59e7c0d.jpg

The now-Arsenal manager spent three seasons working as Guardiola's assistant coach at the Etihad Stadium, winning two league titles in this period, before leaving to take over at the Gunners in December 2019.

Since taking the job at the Emirates Stadium, Arteta has won one FA Cup and made the Gunners genuine title contenders during the current campaign. Arsenal currently sit one point clear of Man City at the top of the table, with one game in hand.

Speaking about life at the top of the table and his relationship with Guardiola in his press conference ahead of the clash with Southampton, Arteta stated: “I learned a lot about being at the top from Pep.

"The standards that are set at the club are not only to win but to win in a certain way every three days, and be extremely demanding and critical and at the same time supportive, so it’s a good mixture.

“It was incredible to be part of that team and the evolution and how that team was built. I will always be grateful.

“Obviously we are not going to be talking about things related to our teams but of course we can speak about football as we did in the past and that’s not going to change.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta names player who could’ve changed Arsenal’s title fate
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta names player who could’ve changed Arsenal’s title fate

Arteta confirms Premier League trophy will be at Emirates for Arsenal vs Everton
Forum | 4 days ago

Arteta confirms Premier League trophy will be at Emirates for Arsenal vs Everton

Ayra Starr reveals her relationship status online
Forum | 4 days ago

Ayra Starr reveals her relationship status online

EPL: Arteta will not give up – Guardiola speaks ahead Man City vs West Ham
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Arteta will not give up – Guardiola speaks ahead Man City vs West Ham