Jesse Marsch apologises to Leeds fans & vows to stop 'the bleeding'

Forum 1 year ago

Jesse Marsch apologises to Leeds fans & vows to stop 'the bleeding'

Jesse Marsch has apologised to Leeds fans for walking down the tunnel without acknowledging them at Leicester and has vowed to turn things around.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e4497381f2fd16e8871a6f8ede0fb33a.jpg

Marsch saw his side fall to a 2-0 defeat at the King Power Stadium despite enjoying more possession and taking far more shots than their opponents.

They have picked up just two points in their last seven matches and now sit 16th in the Premier League table, only out of the relegation zone on goal difference.

The team was booed by their own supporters at the end of the recent match against Leicester and the manager walked straight down the tunnel without acknowledging them.

He's apologised for that and says he remains focused on improving the club's fortunes.

"I want to say sorry to them. It was nothing against the fans," said the American.

"In that moment I am disappointed and trying to figure out what I am going to say to the team. My focus is on stopping the bleeding."

He isn't yet worried about another relegation battle or about his own future at the club, saying that he feels supported and that the team is united.

"I know I am supported by the club, we are totally unified," he added.

"One of the things I saw before I came was the way the board supported Marcelo [Bielsa] all the way for many years. I have felt that same support from everyone.

"When a team goes through a bad spell the manager is the first one to be questioned about whether he is doing the right things, but we are together. We had to fight our way out of it last year and we have to stay focused."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
BBNaija’s Soma Anyama marks 32nd birthday, fans send wishes
Forum | 15 hours ago

BBNaija’s Soma Anyama marks 32nd birthday, fans send wishes

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 1 week ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles
Forum | 1 week ago

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 1 week ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC