Kepa Arrizabalaga discussess reasons behind return to form

Forum 1 year ago

Kepa Arrizabalaga discussess reasons behind return to form

Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga says continuity and confidence have been two key factors in his return to form this season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/21d65409bd6f23a481c00784dc9c5cde.jpg

The world's most expensive player ever between the sticks started the 2022/23 campaign as he ended the last, playing second fiddle to Edouard Mendy.

However, the Spaniard was given a chance in the starting XI when Mendy picked up an injury and has taken it, keeping the fit again usual number one on the bench and being excellent ever since.

Graham Potter has rewarded him and it is that run of games that has been key to his performances.

"I feel confident without the ball, with the ball, I’m getting in good positions," Kepa told Prime Video after Chelsea's 0-0 draw with Brentford.

"I’m feeling good and I feel like I’m helping the team when they need, so happy to be like this. Every player needs this confidence, this push.

"I think for a goalkeeper it’s even more important when you have continuity because there is a lot of things to be aware of in a game that is not the same in training. Now I have confidence because I’m playing well I think, so I have to keep going, keep working."

It was largely down to Kepa that Chelsea left Brentford with a point in what was a disappointing night for the team,

Despite the fact that the home side had some big chances though, he says he and his team weren't happy with a draw.

"We are not happy because they had chances but we had chances and in the last 20 minutes we were playing in their box and we had clear opportunities and we should score," he said.

"So our feeling is we dropped two points. We want to be fighting with the top clubs and sitting as high [in the table] as we can."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Shoresy Season 3 Poster Celebrates Return of Letterkenny Spin-off
Forum | 2 days ago

Shoresy Season 3 Poster Celebrates Return of Letterkenny Spin-off

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League
Forum | 4 days ago

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 5 days ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 6 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie