Cristiano Ronaldo leaves Man Utd bench early in Tottenham win

Forum 1 year ago

Cristiano Ronaldo leaves Man Utd bench early in Tottenham win

Cristiano Ronaldo headed down the Old Trafford tunnel towards the end of Wednesday's 2-0 victory over Tottenham, having watched the outstanding team performance as an unused substitute.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/683d5a52c8aa1f09d05cc66093aec2c1.jpg

In what was undoubtedly the best performance of the Erik ten Hag era to date, United were emphatic in everything they did as goals from Fred and Bruno Fernandes secured a victory which could have been far more humiliating for Spurs had it not been for a sensational showing from Hugo Lloris.

For 89 minutes, it was the perfect evening for United but the spotlight turned towards Ronaldo late in the game as he was spotted heading down the tunnel by himself, failing to see out the victory alongside the rest of the substitutes.

Two minutes earlier, Ronaldo had been warming up but did not enter the fray as Ten Hag opted to introduce Anthony Elanga and Christian Eriksen instead.

A visibly frustrated Ronaldo headed for the tunnel soon after, with no explanation given for his early departure.

"I will deal with that tomorrow," Ten Hag told Prime Video when asked about Ronaldo's departure.

It was the second time in the last four Premier League games that Ronaldo was not called on from the bench, with Ten Hag declining to introduce the Portugal international in the 6-3 drubbing at the hands of Manchester City out of 'respect' for his career.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Nicki DaBarbie Shares Test Result, Outcome Leaves Many Shocked
Forum | 2 days ago

Nicki DaBarbie Shares Test Result, Outcome Leaves Many Shocked

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd