Antonio Conte: Man Utd results 'not at the same level' as their investment

Forum 1 year ago

Antonio Conte: Man Utd results 'not at the same level' as their investment

Antonio Conte has said that Manchester United's results do not match their recent investment in the squad.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0dcabead274f22ca8a9d6caa27399ed3.jpg

It's now been nine years since Man Utd last won the Premier League and five since they lifted any sort of trophy at all. In that time, they've spent over £1bn on transfers, more than any other club except Manchester City.

Ahead of Man Utd's clash with Tottenham, the Lilywhites manager Conte said that the Red Devils' financial power makes them a threat, but that the results the club are getting aren't in line with the money they're spending.

"Manchester United always have the power," the Italian said. "Even in the last 10 years, every season, they had the power to go into the transfer market and to invest big, big money.

“They did this two years ago, when they finished second. They went into the transfer market to sign Cristiano Ronaldo, [Jadon] Sancho and [Raphael] Varane from Real Madrid. This power never finished at Old Trafford.

“Maybe the results were not at the same level as the investment, but United for the present and the future will always be a monster that you have to go to fight. They have big, big potential from an economic aspect.

Conte's side head into the match with Erik ten Hag's as favourites after making a strong start to the season.

Having played 10 matches, they sit third with seven wins to their name; Man Utd are two places and seven points behind with a game in hand.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Why Man United did not want to sell Ronaldo to Real Madrid

Man Cuts Off Friends Because They Did Not Check On Him When He Had Surgery
Forum | 2 days ago

Man Cuts Off Friends Because They Did Not Check On Him When He Had Surgery

EPL: Why I snubbed Man City for Arsenal – Declan Rice
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Why I snubbed Man City for Arsenal – Declan Rice