Xavi admits Barcelona job is at risk if he doesn't win titles

Forum 1 year ago

Xavi admits Barcelona job is at risk if he doesn't win titles

Xavi has admitted his job as manager is at risk if he doesn't lead Barcelona to titles.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/efa72bc8cf0ebf216c6f0d227dc771a2.jpg

While there have been some positive signs at times, things haven't gone as well as Xavi would have hoped since he replaced Ronald Koeman last November.

Despite the fact that a huge amount of money was spent in the summer, his side is on the verge of being knocked out of the Champions League in the group stages after losing to Bayern Munich and Inter before drawing to the Italian club.

Domestically, meanwhile, they trail Real Madrid by three points in the league after losing El Clasico 3-1 to Carlo Ancelotti and co.

Despite that though, his goal for the season very much remains to win trophies.

"Yes, that does not change," he told the press. "I reiterate it. The objective, with the squad, with these players, is to win titles. We have to win titles."

The Spaniard is well aware that, if he fails to do so, his job won't be safe, but feels supported by the club for the time being.

"I think we have built a team to win titles," he stated. "I still have all the enthusiasm in the world, despite the fact that there has been a lot of criticism this week. Everyone is encouraging me. My mobile phone [messages] look like a relative has died.

"If I don't make it, there will be consequences, but I'm calm. I think we have the squad to win titles. If we don't win them, another coach will come in to try."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 23 hours ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

Euro 2024: Mourinho picks three favourite teams to win trophy
Forum | 1 day ago

Euro 2024: Mourinho picks three favourite teams to win trophy