Brentford confident of keeping Thomas Frank despite widespread interest

Forum 1 year ago

Brentford confident of keeping Thomas Frank despite widespread interest

Brentford are confident that they will be able to keep hold of head coach Thomas Frank despite mounting interest in his services, 90min understands.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6aedfd8338da51f176b34dc4ed31cd4e.jpg

Frank oversaw his 200th match in charge of the Bees on Friday, beating Brighton 2-0 to maintain their good start to the 2022/23 season.

After four years in charge, Frank is firmly part of the furniture at Brentford and having led the club into the top flight for the first time in 72 years, his approval rating could hardly be higher.

90min understands that Frank has plenty of admirers elsewhere in the Premier League as well as across Europe, with several sides placing him on shortlists of potential replacements should they part ways with their current managers.

Leicester City would notably be interested in speaking to Frank in the event that they sack Brendan Rodgers, but such a job is not as attractive as it has been in recent years given the general instability surrounding the club.

It has been reported elsewhere that Brentford are ready to offer the Dane a new contract, though he stated at a press conference on Tuesday that he is happy right now with his current deal up in 2025 anyway.

"There’s a lot of rumours out there, in many ways," Frank said of these reports.

"One thing for sure is I’m very happy here at Brentford. [There’s] a lot of things to achieve, very ambitious on behalf of the club. But I have a contract running to 2025. That’s it. Let’s see what happens in the future.

"I speak to Matthew [Benham, Brentford's owner] and Phil [Giles, director of football] about everything, we are focusing on the Chelsea game tomorrow."

Regardless of whether he signs a new deal in the near future or not, 90min understands that Brentford are confident of Frank sticking around in the long term.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 3 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted
Forum | 6 days ago

Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted

He Had No Sense Of Responsibility, Kogi People Were His Slaves - Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted
Forum | 1 week ago

He Had No Sense Of Responsibility, Kogi People Were His Slaves - Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 1 week ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence