Florentino Perez claims he 'doesn't read Kylian Mbappe news'

Forum 1 year ago

Florentino Perez claims he 'doesn't read Kylian Mbappe news'

Real Madrid club president Florentino Perez has said that he isn't bored by the latest developments in the Kylian Mbappe saga, but that he's simply stopped reading about it.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/64533e3ae94b50a7bc55d1ecca73b660.jpg

90min recently reported that Mbappe had asked to leave PSG in the January transfer window, just months after shunning Real Madrid's advances to pen a new three-year contract at Parc des Princes.

While reports across Europe were unanimous in belief that Mbappe wanted out of PSG, he has since insisted that this is not the case and that several media outlets had all got the wrong end of the stick.

Perez was quizzed about Mbappe's future on Monday night at the Ballon d'Or ceremony in Paris, where Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema scooped the main prize and the PSG forward was booed upon arrival.

"It's not that I'm bored [of the saga], it's that I don't even read the news about Mbappe anymore," Perez revealed.

"We have a spectacular future ahead of us. Vinicius and Rodrygo, I see them as Ballon d'Or winners."

Discussing Benzema's Ballon d'Or triumph, Perez compared the striker to three former Galacticos that he signed for Real Madrid who also claimed the honour.

"The Ballon d'Or is justly deserved for Benzema. He has been the best [player in the world] for the last three or four years," he added.

"He is a nine that is a mixture of Ronaldo Nazario and Zinedine Zidane. We were with Figo and Ronaldo. The four of us took a photo together and for me it has a lot of sentimental meaning."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 1 day ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins
Forum | 1 day ago

XO Kitty Season 2 Cast Adds 3 New Actors as Filming Begins