Kylian Mbappe denies asking to leave PSG in January

Forum 1 year ago

Kylian Mbappe denies asking to leave PSG in January

Kylian Mbappe has insisted he has not asked to leave Paris Saint-Germain in the January transfer window and was shocked by reports that he had.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c63b8b038cc46d2f3dc415114501d112.jpg

90min understands that the forward, who signed an incredibly lucrative three-year contract in May, has been unhappy with goings on behind the scenes at Parc des Princes and had informed higher ups of his desire to leave the club.

It has been widely reported across Europe that Mbappe is looking to engineer a route out of the French capital, while the jobs of head coach Christophe Galtier and sporting advisor Luis Campos are under threat.

However, following PSG's 1-0 win against Marseille in Le Classique, Mbappe denied that he is seeking a move away from his hometown club.

"I'm very happy, I never asked for my departure in January," Mbappe said.

"The story that came out... I didn't understand. I was just as shocked as everyone else. There are people who may think I'm involved in this, but I'm not involved, I was taking a nap. My entourage was at my little brother's game, all the people who take care of me weren't there so we were flabbergasted when we heard about it.

"Afterwards, we had to deal with it, there was a game to play. Just to say that it is completely wrong and I am very happy."

When asked about how off-field dramas have been impacting him, Mbappe added. "I am a football player, the most important thing for me is to play and give my best on the pitch. If I start to scatter myself, I'm going to get tired very quickly.

"When you play at PSG, you know what you're getting into, what it's going to involve for good and for bad. You have to be ready. Those who come here know, we warn them. We are in the middle of it at the moment but we are focused on winning matches and titles."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says
Forum | 2 days ago

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush
Forum | 2 days ago

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 5 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu