Kyle Walker confident of recovering from injury in time for World Cup

Forum 1 year ago

Kyle Walker confident of recovering from injury in time for World Cup

Kyle Walker has expressed confidence that he will recover from his groin injury in time for next month's World Cup, despite fears that the defender would miss the tournament.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c0e15dd9986f79b153049ea4a202e492.jpg

Walker, 32, was forced to undergo surgery on the injury, which he picked up during Manchester City's 6-3 win over rivals Manchester United earlier this month.

The right-back went under the knife just one day after the derby win, in the hope of being able to recover before England manager Gareth Southgate names his squad for the tournament in Qatar.

When asked for an update on his recovery, Walker told the BBC: "My first thought now is getting back for England.

"I'm confident. I've been through enough in my career to know my body. I'm well above what they thought I'd be able to do at this point.

"I just feel I can do this. There will be bumps in the road but hopefully, come the selection, I'm included."

Walker has been ever-present in Southgate's England side and played a key role in the teams that reached the semi-finals of the 2018 World Cup and the final of Euro 2020.

Though a right-back by trade, the former Tottenham man has often been used on the right side of a three-man central defence for England, using his electric pace to snuff out opposition counter-attacks.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 1 day ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 4 days ago

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa
Forum | 1 week ago

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa