Antony praises Cristiano Ronaldo for helping him settle in at Man Utd

Forum 1 year ago

Antony praises Cristiano Ronaldo for helping him settle in at Man Utd

Antony has spoken brightly about his relationship with Cristiano Ronaldo and how the five-time Ballon d'Or winner has helped him to settle at Old Trafford.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7ce043a189ca6420395c1d3811f59335.jpg

The Brazilian completed a €100m transfer to Manchester United from Ajax in the summer and has enjoyed a bright start to life at his new club.

He became the first player in the club's history to score in each of their first three Premier League games, with goals against Arsenal, Manchester City and Everton.

Antony's relationship with Ronaldo was on show at Goodison Park when the pair celebrated the 37-year-old's opening goal together in the first half.

Quoted by Portuguese outlet A Bola, Antony explained: "Since I arrived, Cristiano Ronaldo has helped me a lot to feel at ease. He talks to me a lot, even on game days.

"He always tells me to be calm and confident. He has achieved a lot in football, and I learn from him every day," he added: "I am very grateful to have such an experienced person by my side helping young people every day."

Antony went further in his praise for Ronaldo: "His mentality is so very strong. It's very smart.

"That mentality of his, of always looking to the next day, with everything still to play, is what I'm trying to absorb and keep for the rest of my life."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 11 mins ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 18 mins ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford
Forum | 20 mins ago

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG
Forum | 5 hours ago

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG