Sergio Ramos insists Kylian Mbappe is 'very happy' at PSG

Forum 1 year ago

Sergio Ramos insists Kylian Mbappe is 'very happy' at PSG

Sergio Ramos has claimed that Kylian Mbappe is "very happy" at Paris Saint-Germain, despite widespread reports citing the Frenchman's desire to leave the club.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/090db4682daa81850f8afcd6bba0a64d.jpg

90min revealed on Wednesday that Mbappe is looking to engineer a move away from the Parc des Princes, citing broken promises made to him, just months after signing a new three-year contract.

The 23-year-old would ideally like to move in January, with long-term admirers Real Madrid his most likely destination, but accepts that a transfer during the season will be difficult to execute. In any case, PSG have no interest in selling or loaning Mbappe.

Manager Christophe Galtier has openly admitted that Mbappe isn't pleased with his role in the team, with Neymar and Lionel Messi currently operating in the deeper-lying positions that the World Cup winner would like to play in, and is looking at "different options" to try and please him.

Mbappe's mood won't have been improved by his side's 1-1 draw with Benfica in the Champions League on Tuesday night, but Ramos stressed after the game his belief that the rumours about Mbappe wanting to leave are untrue.

"The only thing I can tell you is that I am a very good friend of Kylian," Ramos told reporters. "From what I know every day he is very happy here in Paris.

"He renewed last year, I don't believe the rumours are true. We remain focused on what is ours and do not pay attention to the news that is around us."

Mbappe maintains a cordial relationship with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, even though his proposed move to the Bernabeu fell through following a last minute change of heart - Mbappe stated when signing his new contract that Paris was "his city".

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 1 week ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

UCL: Kylian Mbappe equals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Champions League record
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: Kylian Mbappe equals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Champions League record