Christophe Galtier trying to find 'different options' to reassure Kylian Mbappe

Forum 1 year ago

Christophe Galtier trying to find 'different options' to reassure Kylian Mbappe

Christophe Galtier says he's trying to reassure Kylian Mbappe by "finding different options" that will please the Frenchman.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0971392197b04b6b4523be95e7dd5f21.jpg

Sources have confirmed to 90min that Mbappe has informed PSG of his desire to leave the club as soon as January if possible.

PSG football advisor Luis Campos has said that's not the case, but there's little doubt that the forward is unhappy in France.

Reports have stated that he's upset that the club didn't bring in an out-and-out striker in the summer for him to play alongside and that he's being played up front himself rather than in a more free role such as the ones Neymar and Lionel Messi have been given.

Galtier hasn't denied that being the case and admits the club tried to sign a striker to please the 23-year-old.

Now, he says, he's looking at different options to try and make his player happy.

"I spoke a lot with Kylian at the start of the season and I was very attentive to his comments when he was playing for France, saying that he felt better in Les Bleus’ attacking set-up," he said.

“I don’t know what was said to Kylian before I arrived in Paris but across pre-season we spoke with Luis Campos and the president to get a fourth striker, with a different profile, who would allow for two strikers and for Kylian to play as much as possible in his preferred area.

"Right now we have other players who are totally different but are still world-class. Kylian sometimes finds himself in the middle and he gets the impression that he’s a pivot, but he’s a smart player who’s capable of adapting. I spoke with him yesterday at length – about being able to have a conversation with him, on his expectations.

“I’m trying to reassure him by finding different options. We’re very mindful about his comments and his thinking because he’s a very important player for the team.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Man Arrested For Allegedly Trying To Smuggle Drugs Into Kano Prison
Forum | 5 days ago

Man Arrested For Allegedly Trying To Smuggle Drugs Into Kano Prison

UCL: Real Madrid will beat PSG in final, I’ll smash Mbappe – Rudiger
Forum | 5 days ago

UCL: Real Madrid will beat PSG in final, I’ll smash Mbappe – Rudiger

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 1 week ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns