Juventus president Andrea Agnelli provides update on Max Allegri's future

Forum 1 year ago

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli provides update on Max Allegri's future

Juventus president Andrea Agenlli has confirmed Max Allegri will not be sacked following the club's embarrassing defeat to Maccabi Haifa.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2b9a83e7fe6afb08e88b5fbec10bfcf8.jpg

La Vecchia Signora's miserable start to their domestic and continental campaigns was compounded over the last week through losses to both AC Milan and Haifa. Juve are now eighth in Serie A and third in their UEFA Champions League group, having won just four games this season thus far.

This form has seen rightfully seen Allegri's future at the club be questioned, but speaking to Sky Sport Italia after the 2-0 defeat at the Sammy Ofer Stadium on Tuesday evening, Agnelli insisted that the manager's job is safe:

"Massimiliano Allegri is our head coach and he will stay. I feel ashamed and angry…so in this kind of situation you can’t blame one single person, it’s the whole group."

When asked by the press if he would resign from his post, Allegri stated: "No, when a challenge becomes difficult, it is even more exciting. We’ve got to emerge from this with courage and hunger.

"We must emerge from this situation and keep quiet. Tomorrow we return to Turin and we’ll remain at the Continassa training ground until the derby. It’s not a technical or tactical issue, this team lacks heart and passion. We play too much as individuals, we need to get back to being a team."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner
Forum | 2 days ago

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone
Forum | 2 days ago

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone