Photos : Nigerian Man who Inserted Cocaine In An’us From Brazil, Arrested In Lagos Airport

Forum 8 years ago

Photos : Nigerian Man who Inserted Cocaine In An’us From Brazil, Arrested In Lagos Airport

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested Maxwell Obumneme Ikeh at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) in Ikeja, Lagos, with substances that tested positive for cocaine inserted in his a’nus.

The suspect was coming from Brazil with drugs packed in six wraps weighing 120 grammes inserted into his an’us.

Another suspect, Tochukwu Akumma Nwakpo, was also arrested while trying to export a consignment containing 1.860kg of methamphetamine sealed in tin tomato paste to South Africa

NDLEA Lagos Airport Commander Ahmadu Garba feeding questions from metropolexpress said Ikeh, 40, and Nwakpo, 27, had targeted the festive period to smuggle drugs.

He said: “Intelligence report received by the agency indicated that the suspects specifically targeted the festive season to smuggle their drugs. Ikeh was caught on arrival while Nwakpo that hid methamphetamine in tomato paste meant for export to South Africa was equally arrested.

Ikeh said this was his first time of dealing in drugs, adding: “I am married with a child and live in Lagos. I sell children diapers and clothes but travelled to Brazil two months ago expecting to buy my goods at a cheaper price. In the process, I decided to smuggle 120 grammes of cocaine for monetary gains.

I inserted six wraps of the drugs into my an’us yet it was detected and that was how I was arrested. This is my first time.” Nwakpo, 27, an automobile parts dealer at Ladipo Market in Mushin, Lagos, said he was only assisting a friend to send a consignment of foodstuff to South Africa.

“I sell motor parts at Ladipo market. My friend in South Africa asked me to send a luggage to him. He called somebody in Lagos who brought the bag to me and I took it to the airport for shipment. During search, the drug was detected and I was arrested,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
SPORT 2 hours ago Transfer: Club Brugge target summer move for Nigerian striker
Forum | 2 mins ago

SPORT 2 hours ago Transfer: Club Brugge target summer move for Nigerian striker

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government
Forum | 17 hours ago

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists
Forum | 22 hours ago

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists' Captivity

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan
Forum | 22 hours ago

How A 30-Year-Old Man Allegedly Stole N1.2m From Dead Man’s Bank Account In Ibadan