David de Gea reveals desire to stay at Man Utd despite transfer interest

Forum 1 year ago

David de Gea reveals desire to stay at Man Utd despite transfer interest

David de Gea has revealed that he wants to stay at Manchester United beyond this season, though was unable to provide an update on contract talks with the club.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cc1987b573bc92ef9ae1c0d4f89735b4.jpg

The Spaniard's deal expires at the end of the current campaign, and while United retain an option to extend it by a further year, they have yet to activate it.

90min understands that De Gea, whose inability to play from the back under new manager Erik ten Hag has been called into question, is wanted by former club Atletico Madrid as a potential replacement for Jan Oblak.

But speaking after United's 2-1 win at Everton on Sunday evening, De Gea insisted that he wants to stay at Old Trafford for many more years.

When asked by former teammate and BT Sport pundit Rio Ferdinand when he's signing a new contract, De Gea replied: "I don't know! I'm just focused on the games and helping the team as much as I can.

"Of course, I would like to be here more years so let's see what happens in the future. But I'm really, really happy here."

De Gea is now just two games shy of making 500 appearances for United. Should he pass 510, he will become one of the club's top ten most-used players in their history.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham