Roberto Martinez warns Eden Hazard not to repeat nightclub incident

Forum 1 year ago

Roberto Martinez warns Eden Hazard not to repeat nightclub incident

Belgium manager Roberto Martinez has warned Eden Hazard that he doesn’t want to see a ‘repeat’ after the Real Madrid winger was recently seen at a nightclub before a game.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/54dbedf8fe542dd70122384f99722058.jpg

Hazard, who has remained on the periphery at Real this season, was filmed out with friends two days before captaining Belgium to a 1-0 defeat to the Netherlands last month.

Martinez has confirmed Hazard was given a night off but didn’t seem to appreciate how the 31-year-old, who will be leading Belgium at the World Cup next month, chose to spend it.

“Eden has an important role to play within the team, as a person but also as captain,” Martinez tod RTBF. “We trust our players, and he was allowed to spend time with his family, or with his friends.

“There is a very clear story behind this, but I am not going to talk about it in public, it will be handled internally. I would not like to see this repeated, but there are reasons for this story.”

Even though Hazard has struggled to command game time in Madrid colours this season, with Carlo Ancelotti favouring the likes of Vinicius Junior, Rodrygo and Federico Valverde, Martinez still plans to start him in Qatar, where Belgium are to face Canada, Morocco and Croatia.

“I don't see him as a joker who can make the difference coming from the bench,” the Spanish coach explained. “His style of play is the opposite: he is a player who must take the rhythm of the match in hand, from the start of the match.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 4 days ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians
Forum | 6 days ago

Forum | 1 week ago

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues
Forum | 1 week ago

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues