Hoodlums Create Illegal Tollgate On Road Linking Dangote Refinery, Lekki Seaport In Lagos, Nigeria Police Kick

Forum 1 year ago

Hoodlums Create Illegal Tollgate On Road Linking Dangote Refinery, Lekki Seaport In Lagos, Nigeria Police Kick

According to SaharaReporters, some thugs have caused serious commotion in Lagos State.

The thugs, on Thursday morning blocked the road linking Dangote Refinery and Lekki seaport in Ibeju-Lekki community to some other parts of Lagos state.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3ea3ad608b8646fa69e1ca5ad2b15247.jpg

It was gathered that the thugs used lorries to block the road and started asking commuters to pay a certain amount of money before they would be allowed to use the road.

A Twitter user, @Bashorun_Balogun who claimed to be in the middle of the action said, "Ibeju-Lekki boys have started their madness today.....Blocked Dangote refinery and Lekki seaport road.

"Ibeju-Lekki boys with illegal toll gate," he added.

Another user, Bunmi Adigun narrated how the road blockage affected his planned trip to Abeokuta, Ogun State.

He said, "Stocked in the traffic as we were to link waterside through the road but unfortunately we had to turn back.

"...We have turned back and on our way to Abk which means the journey is aborted till any other time."

Reacting to the incident, the State Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, said the security operatives have arrived at the scene and are trying to resolve the issue.

"The Area Commander, Mopol Commander and Divisional Police Officer are fully on ground with their men. There is absolutely no cause for alarm," he said.

Thugs causing pandemonium are not strange in Lagos State. For instance, SaharaReporters reported in February that some suspected thugs clashed with officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency.

An eyewitness reported that the agents had come to arrest and seize hard drugs when some thugs revolted on Patey Street, Lagos Island.

Several gunshots were fired as the agents battled to bring order to the area.

The development happened a few days after music stars, Zinoleesky and Mohbad, were picked up by the agency for being in possession of hard drugs.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba
Forum | 13 hours ago

PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba

Police Open Investigation Into The Abduction Of RCCG Pastor, 14 Others In Oyo
Forum | 16 hours ago

Police Open Investigation Into The Abduction Of RCCG Pastor, 14 Others In Oyo

Why A Police Officer Asked For My Number Plate’s Receipt - Actor, Jamiu Azeez Reveals
Forum | 18 hours ago

Why A Police Officer Asked For My Number Plate’s Receipt - Actor, Jamiu Azeez Reveals

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim
Forum | 1 day ago

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim