I Am DC Liam of VASTFINDER Innovative and Information Worldwide , and i will like to discuss "Factors that can affect your Google Ranking Position"
No one knows the Ranking Factors , but as part of the experiments and experience gained from the SEO Projects done at Climaxbox , i will share some factors which will and Can affect your Ranking position in the general sense .
What are the Ranking Factors ;
1. Title : This is the Prominent part of SEO . The Question is, what is the site all about? anyone that is conversant with web design will know that the title will tell the browser exactly what your Page is about .
Best Practice : Your Title should be Simple and include your Keywords moderately .
Also add your Brand name to the beginning of the Title if you are in a Less Competitive auction or add it to the end of your Title if you are in a high Competitive Auction .
* Data Recovery Company in Nigeria - IAEA (High Competitive Auction)
* IAEA - Data Recovery Company in Nigeria (Less Competitive Auction)
From the above you are see the difference , but its very important to add you brand name , as far as SEO is concerned .
Remember the Trust aspect , If Google really trust your brand name then, believe me your website will show more Prominently on Search Results or Perhaps will sky rocket .
2. Domain age or Website existence : Google has claimed so many times that domain age or how long your site existed is not a Ranking Factor .
In fact @JohnMu who is a Google Staff in Switzerland, on twitter said Google does not have access to check domain age of Site due to Privacy .
However let's say its an indirect Factor , however that does not mean new sites can't outrank old Websites .
In fact at Climaxbox we have ranked so many old sites on Search auction and we have only existed for a Year . There are 200 Factors and more indirect Factors so , your site existence for a Long time does not mean you will outrank old sites .
In fact in couple of months if new websites have strong SEO techniques they can find there way to First. However, they might get intimidated by old websites who also have Strong SEO .
With a use of Common sense , we can say Google Trust Optimized Old sites than New Optimized Websites Perhaps that is why its a Indirect Factor .
3. Website Trust : One of the ways google detect Trust worthy websites is through Google PageRank (Google PR) . What is Page Rank ? Google PR is one of the methods Google uses to determine a page's relevance or importance.
Important pages receive a higher PageRank and are more likely to appear at the top of the search results. Google PageRank (PR) is a measure from 0 - 10. Google Pagerank is based on backlinks.
The more quality backlinks the higher Google Pagerank. Improving your Google page rank (building quality backlinks with PA50+ and DA40+) is very important if you want to improve your search engine rankings.
Let's quickly deviate our attention to Building Links and how it can affect and increase your Website Trust .
Let's push it up to the Real world sense ; Mr Tayor is my friend who i trust and have done a lot of big business with him , i asked him to refer me to someone who also does the same business and he did , with a common sense i will definitely transfer the same trust i have for my Friend Mr Tayor to this new buddy his referring me to , if not totally .
That is exactly how link building works so imagine with you get Reference from High quality and Trusted Websites , then with the illustration above Google will trust your website more .
But in the case where you get reference from websites that are seen has threat to Search Result then those links will reduce your website Trust .
There is a rumor that new websites will reduce your Page Rank , that is definitely a myth and its not true , you can link to New websites so far they don't use techniques that are threats to Search Results .
Best Practice : Make use of in-bound Link Building it works like Charm and write Great articles that will make people make reference to your site .
On-site Website Experience : On-site Page optimization is very important in SEO and so many SEO's ignore it and focus on only Content and Back linking .
Major on-site Factors that can affect your Ranking are Page Speed and Page Navigation , Meta Tags , Canonicalization,Page Redirection,Mobile Responsiveness ... Am not going to dig deep into the On-site Optimization ,you can Contact Climaxbox Digital Marketing Agency for a for website Audit .
Best Practice :
1. Make sure your site is Responsive and shows on both Mobile and Desktop
2. Make use of Two site Maps HTM ,and XML , XML can be submitted using your webmaster Tools and HTM which is the human site Map . This can be included at the footer of your web Page .
3. Use of Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) but not has your Mobile Page , which means your website should be Responsive both Mobile and Desktop then you can have the AMP Page as well however AMP are shown prominently on Mobile Search Results .
Hope the above helps.