Antonio Conte admits Tottenham need 'more transfer markets' to compete for Champions League

Forum 1 year ago

Antonio Conte admits Tottenham need 'more transfer markets' to compete for Champions League

Antonio Conte has admitted that he needs more transfer markets before he can make Tottenham perform well on multiple fronts.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/83aa56034c9c6c85a94254f702f10a05.jpg

While Spurs have made a relatively strong start to the season domestically, sitting third in the Premier League after eight matches, they've struggled in Europe.

After being somewhat fortunate to beat Marseille in their first Champions League match of the season, they lost 2-0 to Sporting CP and followed that up with a 0-0 draw at Eintracht Frankfurt on Tuesday night.

Conte puts those results largely down to the fact that he doesn't have the squad depth to rotate his players to keep them fresh, and feels things won't get better on that front for another few transfer windows.

"We weren't able last season to face two competitions," he said after the match with Frankfurt.

"Now we have to go step by step, have patience, take time. You need to have time and to build an important squad to face a competition like the Champions League. If you think 'yeah, I want to make some rotations' and it is a bit difficult.

"We know this situation with the club and the club knows very well we need time and patience, to try to go step by step. I spoke about the transfer market, that we needed more transfer markets to reach a good level. We know this. At the same time, we want to be competitive, to try to do everything."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 4 days ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home