Till Trailer Previews The True Story of Mamie Till-Mobley

Forum 1 year ago

Till Trailer Previews The True Story of Mamie Till-Mobley

MGM has revealed a brand new Till trailer for the upcoming biographical drama starring Danielle Deadwyler as Mamie Till-Mobley. The film is scheduled to make its debut in theaters on October 7.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7c4dd6d94e5f2e672748c7fd5b3e69bf.jpg

The video continues to tease the true story of a mother’s enduring love and strength as she uses her grief to make a game-changing statement to the world regarding her son’s inhumane lynching in Mississippi in 1955.

In addition to the new trailer, director Chinonye Chukwu has also released a statement, which you can read below, highlighting Till-Mobley’s legacy as Chukwu hopes that her story will continue to change lives.

“When I was approached to write and direct a story about Emmett Till, I found myself drawn to a singular figure at the center of his orbit. I saw an opportunity to subvert expectations and approach the narrative through another lens – from the maternal point of view of Mamie Till-Mobley. Had it not been for Mamie, her son’s memory would have evaporated into thin air. She was the catalyst for a modern day civil rights movement that has laid a formidable framework for future activists and Freedom Fighters. I felt compelled to champion Mamie’s legacy and center her in the spotlight where she rightfully belongs.”

Till is directed by Chinonye Chukwu from a screenplay she co-wrote with Michael Reilly and Keith Beauchamp. The film stars Danielle Deadwyler, Whoopi Goldberg, Jalyn Hall, Frankie Faison, Jayme Lawson, Tosin Cole, Kevin Carroll, Sean Patrick Thomas, John Douglas Thompson, Roger Guenveur Smith, and Haley Bennett.

“It is a profoundly emotional and cinematic film about the true story of Mamie Till Mobley’s relentless pursuit of justice for her 14-year-old son, Emmett Till, who, in 1955, was lynched while visiting his cousins in Mississippi,” reads the synopsis. “In Mamie’s poignant journey of grief turned to action, we see the universal power of a mother’s ability to change the world.”

Till is produced by Reilly, Beauchamp, Goldberg, Barbara Broccoli, Frederick Zollo, and Thomas K. Levine.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Dancing Village: The Curse Begins Trailer Previews Eerie Horror Movie
Forum | 2 hours ago

Dancing Village: The Curse Begins Trailer Previews Eerie Horror Movie

You Can’t Run Forever Trailer Features J.K. Simmons as a Serial Killer
Forum | 2 hours ago

You Can’t Run Forever Trailer Features J.K. Simmons as a Serial Killer

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series
Forum | 17 hours ago

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 18 hours ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series