Why Are Peter Obi Supporters Igbos

Forum 1 year ago

Why Are Peter Obi Supporters Igbos

It's because the last time an Igbo person ruled Nigeria, Peter Obi was still sucking his mummy's breasts.

More than 1/2 of the Igbo population alive today have never witnessed an Igbo person sit on that throne at Aso Rock.

I feel for them . As an important and majority tribe in Nigeria, they deserve Presidency and it is their turn.

It is time for Nigerians to try an Igbo Presidency.

My antagonism for Obi comes from the fact that from the preliminaries, they rained insults on Tinubu, attacking everything he built.

As an A student of Government, while learning Checks and Balances, I will never forget the example my teacher used.

My teacher talked about a certain Tinubu who governed Nigeria's most populous city, Lagos, and for effective administration, the House of Assembly of the State created additional Local Government Areas which he signed into Law. Though settled at court, the then President of Nigeria was still angry with Tinubu and denied Lagos State its deserved allocation for years.

What is more competent than state governors who received allocation owing salaries but a governor that was punished by denying his state allocation was not only paying salaries but commissioning projects randomly?

In 2015, while preparing for Jamb, another government teacher talked about political parties. He said Nigerian politicians are not conscious about ideology. Almost all prominent politicians had changed political parties. There was only one politician who never changed his political party, instead he made it bigger by merging with another party. His name is Tinubu.

I passed Waec with distinction and gained admission into the University. While we did mergers and acquisitions in finance, our lecturer used the example of ACN merging with CPC and the rest to defeat PDP as a classical example of mergers and acquisitions before he talked about Banks in Nigeria that had merged to become successful. Tinubu was praised in that class.

Through out my life in the classroom, as a teenager and young adult, Tinubu's name as always been synonymous with greatness and competence.

Then, I opened Twitter and waploaded , people from a certain part of the country were calling him pee pee, poo poo, drug lord , Thieefnubu, incompetent etc, editing his pictures everywhere, printing defaming papers to spread in town and telling me to vote for competence instead.

That's why I am supporting Tinubu. I'm voting for competence so that those of you who didn't learn about Jagaban in your lecture halls can experience him transform Nigeria.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nigerians Mock EFCC As Video of Obi Cubana Spraying Dollars Surfaces Online
Forum | 12 hours ago

Nigerians Mock EFCC As Video of Obi Cubana Spraying Dollars Surfaces Online

Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi
Forum | 1 day ago

Deteriorating Insecurity In Nigeria Really Concerning - Peter Obi

Why Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Govt – Peter Obi
Forum | 2 days ago

Why Nigeria Needs Parliamentary System Of Govt – Peter Obi