Premier League All-Star games could be played against teams from rival European leagues

Forum 1 year ago

Premier League All-Star games could be played against teams from rival European leagues

Plans to stage an annual Premier League All-Star games have extended to possibly competing against fellow All-Star sides from Europe's top leagues.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ba0320a347ebcadc4c6cd3dfae9fcf13.jpg

Chelsea co-owner Todd Boehly hit the headlines earlier in September when he suggested that the Premier League could host a north vs south All-Star match, though this came in for widespread criticism from those in English football.

The Times now report that Premier League executives have since given further consideration to the idea, but that a more likely outcome would be to hold All-Star games against other similar selections from La Liga, the Bundesliga, Ligue 1 or Serie A.

The plan would be to hold these matches either in the summer or during the winter break - though finding a suitable spot in the calendar would still prove tricky - while they would likely take place outside of England, instead being played elsewhere in Europe or across the globe to grow audiences and secure more lucrative foreign TV rights deals.

While it has been previously suggested that any All-Star game could potentially clash with the Community Shield, US investors at Premier League clubs believe they would find a way to not belittle it while making any new one-off match a plus for English football.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere
Forum | 1 day ago

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

Leonardo DiCaprio Almost Played Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman
Forum | 5 days ago

Leonardo DiCaprio Almost Played Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 6 days ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman