Over 20 Feared Killed In Kogi Tanker Explosion

Forum 1 year ago

Over 20 Feared Killed In Kogi Tanker Explosion

A tanker explosion has caused serious commotion in Kogi State.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a456d0021fbfbc897ec027cffd339cb1.jpeg

Daily Trust reports that over twenty persons were said to have been burnt to death when the tanker filled with petrol lost control due to brake failure and fell on the bridge of Maboro River in Ankpa, the headquarters of Ankpa Local Government in Kogi State.

An eyewitness said the incident happened around 3:30pm on Wednesday.

“It’s the second major disaster in Ankpa within this month. This one is the most terrible and horrible. Over 20 persons were burnt to death, some beyond recognition.”

“Many who were crushed to death had their body parts scattered all over the place. The parts were picked in pieces and put in body bags.”

The Kogi State Federal Road safety Corps (FRSC) Sector Commander, Stephen Dawulung, confirmed the incident, but said the number of casualty could not be established yet.

“My boys are there, putting the pieces together. We don’t know the number of the dead yet. A tanker, one bus and three cars, three motorcycles were involved,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
IGP Withdraws All Policemen Attached to Fleeing Kogi ex-Governor Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 day ago

IGP Withdraws All Policemen Attached to Fleeing Kogi ex-Governor Yahaya Bello

Herbalist And Three Others Who Killed A Woman For Money Ritual Get Nabbed In Osun
Forum | 2 days ago

Herbalist And Three Others Who Killed A Woman For Money Ritual Get Nabbed In Osun

How A Suspected Drug Kingpin Was Killed In Kogi
Forum | 2 days ago

How A Suspected Drug Kingpin Was Killed In Kogi

Why I Killed 80-Year-Old Man And His Wife In Abuja – Suspect Confesses
Forum | 2 days ago

Why I Killed 80-Year-Old Man And His Wife In Abuja – Suspect Confesses