Bruno Guimaraes returns to Newcastle after thigh injury with Brazil

Forum 1 year ago

Bruno Guimaraes returns to Newcastle after thigh injury with Brazil

Bruno Guimaraes has left the Brazil camp and returned to Newcastle for further tests on his thigh injury, 90min can confirm.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/52f19c7669ba3012096b28a4ef3acdf4.jpg

The 24-year-old jetted off with his country this international break but complained of pain in his thigh last week and sat out Friday's friendly against Ghana as a precaution.

There had been hope that Guimaraes would be fit enough to feature on Tuesday against Tunisia but sources have now confirmed to 90min that the midfielder will play no part in the game and has instead returned to Newcastle.

Guimaraes will now be sent for further tests to determine the severity of his issue which has put his involvement in Saturday's trip to Fulham at risk.

He becomes the third Newcastle player to return from international duty early after injuries hit strike duo Alexander Isak and Chris Wood.

Isak, who has two goals in three games since his big-money move from Real Sociedad during the summer, picked up a problem last week and did not feature against Serbia on Saturday. As of yet, the nature of Swede's issue is unclear.

As for Wood, he suffered a rib injury during New Zealand’s 2-0 defeat to Australia and has been sent back to his club.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: Bayern Munich set for big injury boost ahead of Arsenal clash
Forum | 2 weeks ago

UCL: Bayern Munich set for big injury boost ahead of Arsenal clash

Ghanaian Uber driver returns Anita Joseph’s two expensive phones she left in his car
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Ghanaian Uber driver returns Anita Joseph’s two expensive phones she left in his car

EPL: Man Utd confirm double injury blow ahead Chelsea clash
Forum | 3 weeks ago

EPL: Man Utd confirm double injury blow ahead Chelsea clash

EPL: Why I took Saka off against Man City – Arteta gives injury update
Forum | 3 weeks ago

EPL: Why I took Saka off against Man City – Arteta gives injury update