Dean Henderson admits he's 'behind' in England pecking order

Forum 1 year ago

Dean Henderson admits he's 'behind' in England pecking order

Dean Henderson has admitted that he is 'behind' other goalkeepers in the England pecking order ahead of the FIFA World Cup this winter.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8604353d376426460f853a8f50650e62.jpg

The Man Utd goalkeeper, now on loan at Nottingham Forest, has made just one appearance for the Three Lions during his career with Jordan Pickford being the England number one for the past number of years.

Henderson is in the England squad for the current round of Nations League games, but was only added to it after Pickford pulled out due to injury.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Henderson admitted that he is not going to be one of the first players on the plane for the World Cup in Qatar: "I think I'm behind at the minute. Obviously, last season not playing so much and the other lads have done unbelievably well.

"I knew the best chance to do that was to come out and play football and being in Gareth Southgate's eye and hopefully leaving a good impression."

The 25-year-old moved to newly-promoted Forest in the summer in search of first-team football and has been one of the club's better performers in what's been a difficult start to life back in the top tier.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Church Member Hails Reverend Father As He Shoots A Gun During Service
Forum | 23 hours ago

Church Member Hails Reverend Father As He Shoots A Gun During Service

I No Small - Cubana Chiefpriest Reacts After He Was Granted Bail
Forum | 1 day ago

I No Small - Cubana Chiefpriest Reacts After He Was Granted Bail

Israel DMW Writes As He Poses With Cubana Chiefpriest After He Was Granted Bail
Forum | 1 day ago

Israel DMW Writes As He Poses With Cubana Chiefpriest After He Was Granted Bail