The Witcher: Blood Origin Sets Release Date, Adds Minnie Driver

Forum 1 year ago

The Witcher: Blood Origin Sets Release Date, Adds Minnie Driver

Netflix not only showed off more of the upcoming prequel miniseries The Witcher: Blood Origin during its Tudum event, but it also revealed the premiere date and more of its cast. The show will hit the streaming service on December 25.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7d6b30462a364a81cdf69195fd6c157b.jpg

Along with a new poster, some of the cast has been revealed. Netflix shared more details on who will be appearing in the show, including the addition of Minnie Driver, who appeared on the broadcast and revealed that her character would be “pivotal in connecting Blood Origins‘ past with The Witcher‘s future.”

The Witcher: Blood Origin will be led by three different characters portrayed by Vikings alum Laurence O’Fuarain as Fjall, a character who comes from a clan of warriors sworn to protect a King; and Michelle Yeoh (Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings) as Scían, the last member of the nomadic tribe of sword-elves; and Sophia Brown (Giri/Haji, Marcella) as Éile, an elite warrior blessed with the voice of a goddess.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3412e6deb1cb56001a2c56d31bded0d0.jpg

The six-part limited series will be set in an elven world 1,200 years before the events of the main series. “It tells the story lost to time – the creation of the first prototype Witcher,” reads the synopsis. “And the events that lead to the pivotal “conjunction of the spheres,” when the worlds of monsters, men, and elves merged to become one.”

The Witcher: Blood Origin will be executive produced by Declan de Barra, who also serves as the showrunner. It will be directed by Sarah O’Gorman and Vicky Jewson. Executive producers are The Witcher showrunner Lauren Schmidt Hissrich, Hivemind’s Jason Brown & Sean Daniel, and Platige Films’ Tomek Baginski & Jarek Sawko. Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski will serve as a creative consultant on the series.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Am: Celine Dion Documentary Sets Prime Video Release Date
Forum | 3 days ago

I Am: Celine Dion Documentary Sets Prime Video Release Date

Reginald the Vampire Season 2 Trailer Sets Release Date for Syfy Comedy
Forum | 4 days ago

Reginald the Vampire Season 2 Trailer Sets Release Date for Syfy Comedy

Hollywood Con Queen: Docuseries About High-Profile Scam Gets Apple TV+ Release Date
Forum | 4 days ago

Hollywood Con Queen: Docuseries About High-Profile Scam Gets Apple TV+ Release Date

Queen Rock Montreal Sets Disney+ Streaming Release Date
Forum | 4 days ago

Queen Rock Montreal Sets Disney+ Streaming Release Date