Kalidou Koulibaly vows to win back Chelsea spot after Graham Potter omission

Forum 1 year ago

Kalidou Koulibaly vows to win back Chelsea spot after Graham Potter omission

New Chelsea signing Kalidou Koulibaly has admitted he has found life in the Premier League hard to adjust to but has vowed to win back his starting spot in Graham Potter's squad.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5280e954840d3417c5c75009cced2b9f.jpg

A £40m arrival in the summer, Koulibaly was a regular under former boss Thomas Tuchel but endured some mixed performances before being benched in Potter's first game in charge, with the new manager opting for a back three of Marc Cucurella, Thiago Silva and Cesar Azpilicueta.

Speaking to Le Quotidien, Koulibaly stressed he has no issues with Potter and acknowledged that he is yet to reach his best at Stamford Bridge.

"The new coach came with some good ideas," Koulibaly said. "He’s a real coach. He did some good things with Brighton. Now he is Chelsea manager.

"He has guidelines, expectations. It’s up to me to be patient, it’s up to me to show that I deserve to play, to show in training that the coach can trust me. There will be no problem.

"We are also in the first weeks, it is normal for the coach to rely on players who are used to the emblem of Chelsea and who have been there for a very long time.

When I'm at 100%, there will be no problems. I will play again."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 4 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge