Newcastle starlet Elliot Anderson signs new long-term contract

Forum 1 year ago

Newcastle starlet Elliot Anderson signs new long-term contract

Newcastle have confirmed that midfield prospect Elliot Anderson has agreed a new long-term contract with the club.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/818df4a36abaa865e1791952bda93183.jpg

The Whitley Bay-born 19-year-old has come through the club's youth system and has become a part of Eddie Howe's first-team squad this season.

Having starred on-loan at Bristol Rovers last season, he returned in the summer and impressed Howe and his coaching stuff.

90min understands that Newcastle rejected more than half a dozen offers to take Anderson on loan this summer, with Howe insisting he wanted him to stay.

Upon signing his new deal, Anderson told the club's website: "I'm really happy. I love playing for Newcastle United, and committing my future to the club is something I've really wanted to do.

"It was my aim coming back into pre-season to work hard and earn the opportunity to stick around. I have really enjoyed being with the first team group, so hopefully I can keep improving and contribute to the team."

Howe added: "We are all delighted with Elliot's development. He is a natural talent, but he also has an excellent work ethic and always wants to learn.

"I know our supporters will be especially pleased to see another local boy coming through from the Academy into the first team. Elliot has earned that chance, and he has set a great example to our young players.

"He is just at the start of his journey at this level but he has a very exciting future ahead and we are delighted that his journey will continue here."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Trying Season 4 Trailer Previews New Chapter in Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Trying Season 4 Trailer Previews New Chapter in Apple TV+ Comedy

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount
Forum | 1 day ago

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover
Forum | 1 day ago

Comedian AY Makun Splashes Millions On Brand New Range Rover