Gabriel Jesus opens up on Brazil snub for September internationals

Forum 1 year ago

Gabriel Jesus opens up on Brazil snub for September internationals

Arsenal forward Gabriel Jesus has discussed his omission from Tite's Brazil squad for the September internationals.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/244c0eb29ad5d7ed204eac0ec7e637fa.jpg

Despite a fast start to life with the Gunners - cementing his role as a central striker as opposed to a winger - Jesus was overlooked for the Selecao's roster for their upcoming friendlies with Ghana and Tunisia.

Speaking to ESPN after Arsenal's 3-0 win at Brentford on Sunday - in which he scored his fourth goal for the Gunners - Jesus admitted he had spoken to Tite about being dropped from the Brazil squad.

"There was [contact], post-call, yes," he said.

"I respect the coach's decision a lot, I respect Tite, the entire staff, the entire commission. As I said, I'm Brazilian, I'll always root for the team. And I also respect the other players who have a lot of quality. I'll keep doing my best to have the opportunity again.

"What's in my control is my performance. I'll always try to do my best, finish the plays. Today I had some chances that I could also improve a little more, I know. I've been training, trying to do my best."

While Jesus and Arsenal teammates Gabriel Martinelli and Gabriel Magalhaes were omitted from Tite's squad, the likes of Tottenham forward Richarlison and Manchester United winger Antony did receive call-ups.

Brazil are among the favourites heading to the World Cup in Qatar. They will face Serbia, Switzerland and Cameroon in the group stage.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Andrew Garfield, Miles Teller Reportedly Being Eyed for Martin Scorsese’s Jesus Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Andrew Garfield, Miles Teller Reportedly Being Eyed for Martin Scorsese’s Jesus Movie

Enugu Mourns Junior Pope, Opens Condolence Register
Forum | 4 days ago

Enugu Mourns Junior Pope, Opens Condolence Register

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression
Forum | 1 week ago

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression

UCL: It’s the price you pay – Jesus opens up on Havertz taking his Arsenal spot
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: It’s the price you pay – Jesus opens up on Havertz taking his Arsenal spot