Liverpool & Real Madrid remain keen on Flamengo midfielder Joao Gome

Forum 1 year ago

Liverpool & Real Madrid remain keen on Flamengo midfielder Joao Gome

Liverpool and Real Madrid both remain interested in Brazilian midfielder Joao Gomes, despite the Flamengo youngster penning a new five-year deal, 90min understands.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1965ad58c81f00575abaeae74ad1e031.jpg

21-year-old Gomes is considered one of the best prospects in the Brazilian top flight, hence the interest emerging from Europe.

Real and Liverpool have both been keeping tabs on Gomes for a number of seasons but they are not alone, with Borussia Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, AC Milan and Lyon also having him very much on their radars.

Despite the links, Gomes has been persuaded to sign a new long-term deal – pledging his future to Flamengo until 2027 after they quadrupled his wages.

While his immediate future is with Flamengo, sources have told 90min that they expect Gomes to leave for Europe in 2023 and his new deal means they will secure his full value - should they sell.

Earlier this month, Gomes held an Instagram Live Q&A in which he was asked whether he would be interested in a move to the Premier League, specifically with Liverpool, and the 21-year-old did not shy away from discussing a move.

“Liverpool are a team I’d play for," he said. "I have the greatest desire to play. Playing in the Champions League is my biggest dream in football.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Stop Wike’s Use of PDP to Remain Relevant – Secondus to Party Leaders
Forum | 1 day ago

Stop Wike’s Use of PDP to Remain Relevant – Secondus to Party Leaders

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola
Forum | 3 days ago

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: You’ll never be champions – Klopp slams Liverpool players after Palace defeat