Google Mistakenly Paid Man Over $200,000 Without Deal

Forum 1 year ago

Google Mistakenly Paid Man Over $200,000 Without Deal

A man has revealed that he was mistakenly paid $250,000 by Google.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dd188d3f7043c54d423e134ab590835d.jpg

The man took to Twitter to make the revelation.

The man identified as Sam Curry, a staff member of a cryptocurrency company, Yuga Labs, described the payment as baffling on his verified Twitter handle, @samwyco on Tuesday.

Sam tweeted, “It’s been a little over 3 weeks since Google randomly sent me $249,999 and I still haven’t heard anything on the support ticket,” wrote Curry.

“Is there any way we could get in touch @Google?”

“It’s OK if you don’t want it back,” he added.

Meanwhile, Google said it is working to get the money back.

“Our team recently made a payment to the wrong party as the result of human error,” wrote a Google spokesperson in an email to CNN.

“We appreciate that it was quickly communicated to us by the impacted partner, and we are working to correct it.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 21 hours ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 22 hours ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 22 hours ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring
Forum | 22 hours ago

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring