Woman Sentenced To One-year Imprisonment For Attempted Trafficking Of 19-year-old Girl To Libya

2 weeks ago

A 41-year-old woman identified as Mabel Isabo has been handed a twelve-month jail term by a High court sitting in Kano State for attempting to traffick a teenage girl to Libya.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/53ebab3cae26eef93482aa585317774b.jpeg

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) disclosed this in a statement on Thursday, September 15, 2022.

"A High court sitting in Kano State and presided over by Justice Jamilu Suleiman on 13th September, 2022, sentenced MABEL ISABO, a 41-years old, female of Liberal Street, Edo State in connivance with one Monica (now at large) to 1-year imprisonment without the option of a fine for attempting to procure the illegal entry of a 19 years old female of Iyabuwa, Edo State to go from Nigeria to Libya via Niger republic, an offense contrary to Section 26(1) of the Trafficking in Persons (Prohibition) Enforcement and Administration Act (TIPPEA) 2015." the statement read.

Comment Box is loading comments...
Related Forums
Young Woman Dies As Car Rams Into Bus Carrying Film Crew In Lagos
Forum

Young Woman Dies As Car Rams Into Bus Carrying Film Crew In Lagos

3 days ago
BBNaija: Sheggz Set A Template By Which Every Girl Wanted To Be Treated In The House – Hermes (Video)
Forum

BBNaija: Sheggz Set A Template By Which Every Girl Wanted To Be Treated In The House – Hermes (Video)

3 days ago
Sabi Girl No Dey Too Like Talk – Ayra Starr Brags As Her Song Overthrows Asake’s To Become No 1
Forum

Sabi Girl No Dey Too Like Talk – Ayra Starr Brags As Her Song Overthrows Asake’s To Become No 1

6 days ago
How My Husband, Five Relatives Died 12 Hours After My Marriage - Woman Tells Heartbreaking Story
Forum

How My Husband, Five Relatives Died 12 Hours After My Marriage - Woman Tells Heartbreaking Story

1 week ago