Marcus Rashford set to miss England's September internationals

Forum 1 year ago

Marcus Rashford set to miss England's September internationals

Marcus Rashford is set to miss out on a recall to Gareth Southgate's England squad for the September internationals due to a muscle injury.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a92f30f26d0d5e85a170196b834d6265.jpg

The 24-year-old has not been picked for the Three Lions since November 2021 in part due to his poor form last season - his return of five goals in 32 games was his worst for Manchester United since he broke into the first team.

However, Rashford has started the new season in fine form leading the line for Erik ten Hag's new look Red Devils and was in line to force his way back into the squad for the last round of internationals prior to the World Cup.

But a muscle injury picked up in their 3-1 win against Arsenal - in which Rashford scored twice - means he will likely sit out the next couple of weeks to focus on his recovery.

Ten Hag confirmed on Wednesday that the forward has not travelled to Moldova for United's Europa League clash with FC Sheriff, but that the issue isn't a serious one.

"I don't think [he will be out for] too long, but I cannot tell how long. It's not really bad and we expect him to be back quite soon," he said.

While Rashford is set to miss out on one last chance to impress Southgate up close, Jadon Sancho could be rewarded for his similarly fast start to the campaign with a recall. The winger hasn't been picked for the Three Lions since October 2021.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie
Forum | 11 hours ago

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman
Forum | 20 hours ago

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman

Shoresy Season 3 Hulu Release Date Set in First-Look Images
Forum | 1 day ago

Shoresy Season 3 Hulu Release Date Set in First-Look Images

Mission: Impossible 8 Cast Adds Severance’s Tramell Tillman
Forum | 2 days ago

Mission: Impossible 8 Cast Adds Severance’s Tramell Tillman