Jurgen Klopp laughs off Todd Boehly's All-Star match proposal

Forum 1 year ago

Jurgen Klopp laughs off Todd Boehly's All-Star match proposal

Jurgen Klopp isn't a fan of Chelsea owner Todd Boehly's proposal to introduce a North vs. South All-Star match to the Premier League.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0f0b4257adf125408a04d7cc2d537d45.jpg

Boehly, who is also the co-owner of baseball team LA Dodgers, suggested the Premier League 'take a lesson from American sports teams' and hold an All-Star match to help raise funds for the football pyramid.

He proposed that such a match be between a team made up from all of the best players from southern clubs and one consisting of all the best players from the northern sides.

However, given the already hugely busy calendar, Liverpool boss Klopp isn't a fan of the idea.

“He doesn’t hesitate, he doesn’t wait long! Oh great!" said the German.

“When he finds a date for that he can call me! He forgets that in the big sports in America these players have four-month breaks so they’re quite happy to do a little bit of sport in these breaks. It's completely different in football.

“What can I say? Does he want to bring the Harlem Globetrotters as well and let them play against a football team?

“I’m surprised by the question so please don’t judge my answers too much but maybe he can explain it to me at some point and find a proper date [for the match]."

Klopp is also unsure how popular such a match would be with fans given it would force rivals to be on the same side.

“I’m not sure too many people want to see that," he added.

"Imagine that – Manchester United players, Liverpool players and Everton players all together in one team. It’s not a national team.

“Interesting game…and all the London guys together. Arsenal and Tottenham…did he really say that? Interesting…”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director
Forum | 1 hour ago

At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director

Andor Video Sees Diego Luna Discuss Making Disney+ Star Wars Series
Forum | 6 hours ago

Andor Video Sees Diego Luna Discuss Making Disney+ Star Wars Series

Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline
Forum | 2 days ago

Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere
Forum | 2 days ago

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere