There’s No Plan To Fire Me - Uju Anya Replies Those Calling For Her Sack Over Comments Against Late Queen Elizabeth

Forum 1 year ago

There’s No Plan To Fire Me - Uju Anya Replies Those Calling For Her Sack Over Comments Against Late Queen Elizabeth

Nigerian-American professor, Uju Anya has revealed that her employer, Carnegie Mellon University is not planning to sack her.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d9bf468eb0c992143e8ee0f54ede275e.jpg

This came after many people bombarded the school with requests asking for her to be sacked.

Anya spoke on Tuesday.

She had caused global outrage after wishing late monarch of England, Queen Elizabeth II excrutiating pain as she lay on her sick bed.

She wrote: ‘‘I heard the chief monarch of a thieving genocidal empire is finally dying. May her pain be excruciating”.

Carnegie Mellon University in a statement on Twitter said even though it doesn't condone such statement, but her tweet falls under free speech.

The university further stated that free expression is core to the mission of higher education.

Taking to her verified handle on Tuesday morning, Dr, Uju Anya expressed gratitude towards the love showered on her from the university community despite the outrage.

In her words; ‘‘All of you showed me I have people in my life, in my new city of Pittsburgh, in my university, in this country, and around the world. I am deeply grateful to you, my people, for holding me in strength and community.

”From what I’ve been told, there is no plan to sanction or fire me, and my job is not in jeopardy. My university leadership showed very clearly they did not approve of my speech; however, they stand in firm support of my freedom of expression on my own personal social media.

”I am not in a battle with Carnegie Mellon University. As the letters of support from the students, faculty, staff, and others in my university community clearly show, I am wanted and I belong here.”

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ac805516978bdf3bbf897f77e4336439.jpeg

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update
Forum | 1 day ago

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update

Late Sound Sultan’s Wife, Farida Shares Lovely Family Photo As She Turns 40 Today
Forum | 1 day ago

Late Sound Sultan’s Wife, Farida Shares Lovely Family Photo As She Turns 40 Today

Video of Late Actor, Junior Pope Recounting How He Met His Wife Resurfaces Online
Forum | 1 day ago

Video of Late Actor, Junior Pope Recounting How He Met His Wife Resurfaces Online

Late Night With The Devil Passes Box Office Milestone Ahead of Streaming Debut
Forum | 2 days ago

Late Night With The Devil Passes Box Office Milestone Ahead of Streaming Debut