Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven: Europa League clash postponed

Forum 1 year ago

Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven: Europa League clash postponed

Arsenal's Europa League clash with PSV Eindhoven on Thursday has been postponed due to a lack of police resources.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cd2f6b5f92bfa385f619487f269fbfba.jpg

The United Kingdom has entered a period of mourning following the death of Queen Elizabeth II, with all matches in England called off over the weekend.

With funeral arrangements being made and a large number of travelling tourists expected into the country imminently, Thursday night's game has been called off due to limitations on police numbers.

A statement reads: "UEFA today announced that the UEFA Europa League tie between Arsenal FC and PSV Eindhoven, originally to be played on Thursday 15 September, has been postponed with a new date to be communicated in due course.

"This is due to the severe limitation on police resources and organisational issues related to the ongoing events surrounding the national mourning for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II."

Arsenal add: "The postponement follows liaison between UEFA, the Metropolitan Police and ourselves, after the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. "

The Gunners began their Europa League campaign last week with a 2-1 win at Zurich, while PSV were held at home 1-1 by Bodo/Glimt.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham
Forum | 18 hours ago

SPORT 29 mins ago Europa League: Tella reacts to Bayer Leverkusen’s draw against West Ham

Forum | 19 hours ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 2 days ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman

UCL: Kylian Mbappe equals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Champions League record
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: Kylian Mbappe equals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Champions League record