Only God Can Protect A Leader - Pres. Buhari Narrates How Youths Almost Overwhelmed His Security Detail

Forum 8 years ago

Only God Can Protect A Leader - Pres. Buhari Narrates How Youths Almost Overwhelmed His Security Detail

While receiving a delegation of FCT Muslim community at the presidential villa this morning, Pres. Buhari narrated how his security detail was almost overwhelmed by some youths who were excited to see him as he left the Sallah prayer ground. According to him, the incident showed that policemen and soldiers cannot protect you, only God can.

"Today, during and immediately after the prayers, I think I was bombarded by the youths who almost overwhelmed the security, and I had to hold tight to my gown to get to my car.I was advised to enter the car from the ADC side and I refused. I went across trying to wave my hand to the wild youths who wanted to see me.On an occasion like this, it shows that after what happened to President Ronald Reagan of the USA, it is only God Almighty that protects leaders because in a mob like this, anybody with a sharp knife can get access and do a lot of damage.So, all the policemen that were deployed and soldiers sincesix o’ clockin the morning, before I came out two hours later in the rains, cannot protect you, only God protects. I hope God will continue to protect us.” he said
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 2 days ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 3 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu

Security Operatives Arrest Two Suspected Yoruba Nation Agitators
Forum | 3 days ago

Security Operatives Arrest Two Suspected Yoruba Nation Agitators

Forum | 4 days ago