I Thought I’d Die Very Young - Femi Kuti Confesses

Forum 1 year ago

I Thought I’d Die Very Young - Femi Kuti Confesses

Afrobeat artiste, Femi Kuti has confessed that he thought he would die young.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5c9b790542056a9c80aa5fc534c80406.jpg

Kuti said he didn't know he will live to see his new age because he was reckless as a teenager.

The musician, son of legendary Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, clocked 60 on June 16, 2022.

In an interview with Goldmyne TV, the Grammy Award nominee said he was surprised that he was still alive to celebrate his 60th birthday.

He explained that while he was growing up, he had a friend who always told him that he would die soon because he was reckless person.

The eldest son of Fela Kuti said: “I thought I would that I would die very young. I had a friend who would look at me and say, ‘this man will die’.

“At the time, I had a bike so he be looking at like ‘this one, you’ll soon die’ because I was so reckless as a teenager.”

“It’s an age where you just reflect on so many things in your life and you know, every moment is now precious with friends, family and your children. It’s an unbelievable age. I thought 50 was good but 60 is greater.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 days ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties

Heartwarming Video Of Veteran Actor, Nobert Young With His Wife, Gloria Young Vibing At A Party
Forum | 5 days ago

Heartwarming Video Of Veteran Actor, Nobert Young With His Wife, Gloria Young Vibing At A Party